COVID-19 restrictions entering Spain
The Government of Spain has implemented a series of measures to protect the general public’s health, including health control of passengers upon arrival in Spain. On the following website you can find out what the current health requirements are for travelling to Spain: https://www.spth.gob.es/
Please make sure to check the requirements for your country of origin before travelling.
The workshop venue is located in the city of Guadalajara, in Castilla-La Mancha.
Guadalajara is a well-appointed city, with ample green areas and a range of services to meet the needs of its people.
Its modern installations have made it possible to attract leading sports events and congresses that in turn have raised the city profile both at the regional and national levels.
Its excellent cuisine, based on high calorie dishes suited to the climate of the region, deserves special mention. Amongst its specialties, there is roast lamb and roast kid goat accompanied by sauce, a dressing of aromatic herbs soaked in vinegar. For dessert, the star product of the city is bizcochos borrachos (alcohol soaked sponge cake), or honey from La Alcarria, with Designation of Origin since 1992. The visitor has a wide selection of dishes and restaurants to choose from, with something for even the most discerning taste.
- For more information visit: https://www.guadalajara.es/en/tourism/
The city is located near Madrid, Alcalá de Henares and Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha), very interesting places to visit if you have time.
If you prefer the country side and nature instead of large cities, you can also discover many beautiful routes for hiking and walking in Guadalajara region or in Madrid´s mountain range:
Time in Spain
Central European Time (CET) = UTC+1 (from last Sunday in October to last Sunday in March)
Central European Summer Time (CEST) = UTC+2 (from last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October)
- Typical temperature at Guadalajara in November (similar to Madrid):
- Average maximum daytime temperature 15 °C
- Average minimum temperature 4 °C
- Relatively dry season, it rains on average a total of 5-6 days.
- Current weather conditions and forecasts:
- Credit card acceptable at large and small shops, bars and restaurants, hotels, transport stations and airports.
- No need to pay a tip in bars or restaurant, it is just optional.
- Car: left-hand traffic.
- Spain operates on a 230V supply voltage and 50Hz.
- For Spain there are two associated plug types, types C and F. Plug type C is the plug which has two round pins and plug type F is the plug which has two round pins with two earth clips on the side (this socket also works with plug C and E).
Type C and Type F plugs.
- Dialing to Spain: Country code = +34.
- WiFi will be available at the conference room and hotels.